Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

My Photo
Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

I like cheesecake, horses, sparkly pretties, and painting. I dislike listening to people chew, stalkers, and a bunch of other things. My favorite color is red.







Completely Random Pissiness

My Secret Santa

Seriously.

Illustration Friday "RAMBUNCTIOUS"

We all eat mysterious things

Food Crack

Yet more cool things . . .

Russ and Martin

Letter to the Editor

Pop Rocks and Coke




Ugliest Tattoos
i can has cheezburger
Passive Aggressive Notes
Best of Craigslist
You Suck at Craigslist
Fail Blog
ROFL Razzi
Awkward Family Photos






Saturday, January 10, 2009
Illustration Friday "CONTAINTED"
Oh. I SO needed to paint. I can't believe it took me so long to find the time to arrange to have my art gear and setup brought inside the house. WAY too long. It was like holding my breath. Fasting. Being a nun. Living in the suburbs. I really, really, really needed to paint.

I was given this itty bitty canvas of 6" x 6" from www.canvasplace.com (Waaaayyyy back when I used to be a regular and painted on a regular basis). This was YEARS ago now. At the time I thought, oh how cute! But square. I had great hopes for the itty bitty canvas, but there it waited for me about 5 years until I decided to take it up on it's challenge of painting on it . . . being all square like it was.

Well, I'm glad I waited because it finally occurred to me that the best composition for a square canvas would be round composition. I know! Like fitting a square peg into a round hole! Good thing I can think outside the box because that little itty bitty canvas would be waiting another 5 years.

Anyway, I'm blabbering on for no apparent reason. Apparently my fingers are anxious and love the clickity clack of keys. (Did you know that all to often, and WAY more than I like to admit to myself, I will repeat conversations in my head and be mentally typing them at the same time?! I'm like your own personal secretary or transcriptionist but only in my head! Either there is some strange compulsion to multitask or I'm like the Rainman of keyboards. Either way, admittedly, it's just plain weird. And yeah, a little TMI.)

So without further ado, here is this week's theme of "Contained" for Illustration Friday. Meet "Fluidity" the painting.

fluidity

Why contained? Well, for obvious reasons water needs to be contained. And for another, I was contained by my preference of triangular compositions. I was contained in my thinking. Dangerous things happen when I allow my brain to run amok.
9 Comments:

I absolutely love this piece. I'm only jsut starting with IF and am finding so many incredible artists.

Such a beautiful palette and your line work is gorgeous. You've inspired me to try a square composition. Can't wait to see more.

Tanja

7:28 PM  

Well, you broke free of your containment! Bravo!

8:05 PM  

you have a print of this yet?

8:26 PM  

Yeah, you stick to the themes about as well as I do most of the time. :) Love the painting, especially the way her hair is styled in a similar manner to her tail. Cool texture too.

9:29 PM  

i like

12:25 AM  

I really love this one! the composition is lovely, and great choices in color.

Congrats on finally finding the vision for it! :)

12:38 PM  

You are so talented. This is gorgeous. Those Mom jeans though... they scare me.

5:27 AM  

She's glorious! Love that it's on a small square canvas. The diagonal composition makes it feel as if she's swimming towards us. I so love your work!

1:08 PM  

ohhh lil change up in subject matter and size, nice good to see you post again i really like this.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home